Welcome to the Basel Beasts Softball Club Website. Find all the latest News, Standings, Results and further information from and about the Basel Beasts.
The 2021 Basel Beasts Softball Cards are here! They'll be issued in sets of 3 every few days.
Check out the first set of Softball Cards by going to TEAM > PLAYER CARDS on the on the top menu of the website.
Spring Training, Outdoors:
From April through September the Beasts practice field is in Allschwil/Basel at Bachgraben (Hegenheimermattweg 150, 4123 Allschwil). We practice on Thursdays from 7- 8:30p.m.
The Beasts will pick up their outdoor practices again on April (first day to be confirmed).
Cancelled practices due to weather will be postet right here until 12pm of each practice day.
New Question: (Come back next season for new trivia to be posted)
Previous Questions: (Answers revealed on prior practice dates)
5. The Beasts green jersey is a feared uniform across Europe. But the white version even more so! What year did the Beasts introduce their white jersey, and why is it feared the most?!
The Beasts' white jersey was issued for the 2018 season, partly because the green jersey's were quite hot during sunny days. As a result, and the reason why they are now the most feared Beasts jersey is because the team went 18-2 in 2018 and won the Swiss Championship!
4. Who set the record for the Beasts highest single season batting average by a female?
Top 5 All-Time Single Season Highest Batting Average - Female
# YEAR NAME AVG
1 2018 Grace Duffey .444
2 2018 Rachel Hevey .420
3 2016 Selene Hänggi .341
4 2017 Selene Hänggi .313
5 2019 Rachel Hevey .296
3. What is the Basel Beasts team winning percentage against the rival Zurich Orcas (Division I, II, and International tournaments combined) since statistics were kept back in 2016?
YEAR W L T Pct.
2020 2 0 0 1.000
2019 2 1 1 .500
2018 6 1 0 .857
2017 2 5 0 .286
2016 0 3 0 .000
Total 12 10 1 .522
2. Should the umpire call an "infield fly" (in which the batter is automatically out) on a fair fly ball that, in the judgment of the umpire, can be caught by an infielder, pitcher, or catcher with ordinary effort when there is only a runner on first with one out in the inning?
No, the umpire should not call "infield fly" with only one runner on base. There needs to be runners on 1st and 2nd base, or 1st, 2nd, and 3rd base for the umpire to call "infield fly" on a fair fly ball with less than 2 outs.
1. Can you name the player(s) who got the first hit of the season for the Basel Beasts in the 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 seasons?
2020 - Jason - Single (1st inning)
2019 - Francesco - Double (1st inning)
2018 - Lucas C. - Double (1st inning)
2017 - Dani - Single (1st inning)
2016 - Alex - Double (1st inning)
2018 Swiss Champions
Top left: Jan, Preedee, Steve, Daniel, Juan, Mark, John, Alex, Mike Z, Chris, Mike M., Gabor, Ivan
Middle right: Ben, Lucas, Don
Bottom left: Othilia, Angie, Selene, Grace, Rachel, Noémie, Francesco
Ground: (Cooper), Jason